229 Marine Parade, Seatoun Wellington 6022
I co-founded Shott Beverages and was CEO from inception in 2007, building it from nothing to a company that employees 25, is the No.1 brand in its category in New Zealand, is a growing international brand and has sales of over $6m.
With the backing of the new investors, I have successfully led SHOTT’s transformation from essentially a family business with a strong brand into a disciplined company with structured systems and standards that now exports more than half of our sales. Since 2011 a formal board, including myself has overseen the company.
In 2010 and 2011 – SHOTT was in the Deloitts Fast 50 list of fastest growing companies. In 2011 – SHOTT was finalist in Wellington Gold Awards; In 2012 I was a finalist in E&Y Entrepreneur of the Year award; in 2014 I was one of the finalists in NEXT Woman of the Year Award.
I step down as CEO at the end of June and I am interested in using the knowledge and skills gained both for myself and suitable organisations. I am interested in organisations that build our community culturally, socially or economically to make our society as liveable as possible.
• This is my biggest strength. I see the big picture clearly. Having that insight makes it more straightforward to steer towards the goals I, and the organisations I work with, have.
Weigh my options
• I am good at taking other people’s viewpoints into account. I don’t jump to conclusions and often take time to come to weigh the pros and cons before making a decision.
• I fully understand that a strong organisation is built on the strength of the team. I invest my time to understand and build the trust of those I work with so they know me and I know them.
Take people on face value
• I don’t pre-judge people. I take them at face value whether they are plumber or a president.
The following are some of skill sets that would likely be relevant:
• Leadership of a successful manufacturing company with all that that entails
• Brand development
• Financial management
• Building sales
• Personnel management
• Budget management and planning
• Factory production oversight/quality assurance
• Innovation and product development
• Deep industry knowledge of beverage and hospitality industry
• Crisis management and problem solving
Charity, Community Group, Council Controlled Organisations, Govt Sector Organisations, Listed Company, Non Govt Sector Organisations, Private Company, Start Up Companies, Trust
General management, Governance, Human resources, Marketing, Sales, Strategy & Planning